Gunter’s Chapel Baptist Church (GCBC) began over 41 years ago as a small membership under the direction of Pastor Lewis Gunter (Founder). The church was organized with 22 chartered members, and was officially named the Gunter’s Chapel Baptist Church (Holy Ghost Station), and was chartered by the State of South Carolina in 1977. Since that time the Lord has blessed us with over 2,000 members.
With continued guidance of the Holy Spirit and insight of our Pastor and Officers, we were able to purchase a sanctuary already erected at 1631 Windover Road. Gunter’s Chapel had its Ground Breaking and Dedication Ceremony on May 10, 1992 for the building of the New Gunter’s Chapel Baptist Church.
We also purchased a parking lot, 2 houses and two condos. Pastor Lewis, First Lady Lue Gunter and the Gunter’s Chapel Baptist Church have been a cornerstone of support in the Belvedere Community was honored on April 26, 2015 when Windover Road was dedicated in honor of our Pastor to Lewis Gunter Way.
We are a loving, growing Church and very excited about the Lord Jesus Christ and committed to serving God’s people.
Thanks for visiting us. We look forward to meeting you in person!
To God be The Glory!!!
Pastor Lewis Gunter